Monday, January 9, 2012

Some Accomplishments and a new project!

Hello!

Did you have a good weekend? I did, got lots done and started a new project!

I finished the 14 candle mat / mug rugs got the final binding stitched on Sunday night! You would think that my basket / bucket would be empty NOT! That is ok - I like a challenge!



Here are all 14 - right before they were priced and packed away for fall shows. Finally getting something done early!!



Last week I was Facebook talking with my favorite niece (I always tell her that just to bug her sister) OK they both are my favorites, but don't tell anyone else! I have a favorite Godson and his brother are my favorites for boys, but again don't tell anyone!
Well back to the Facebook talking....she is having baby #2 in March and I had told her I was making something for her.....easy to tell I was making a quilt HUH? So she asked me if I would make one like the one she had seen an at overpriced store....I of course said yes and was thrilled she asked me. So Friday we went to the store and she picked out the fabric and I managed to get 1 block done....here it is. Still needs some embroidery but for the most part it is done. I don't know why the background fabric is distorted in the photo but it doesn't look like that in real life.

Well that is all for today -- I did work on some string blocks for a swap, but I need to get more of them done in the morning and then mail them out.

Happy Stitches and thanks for stopping by!
Dorothy

1 comment:

Sara said...

Really like your mug mats...and that little elephant is adorable.