Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Some Valentine Project and another UFO done!

Good Morning!

Can't believe it is Wednesday already and almost the end of January -- this month is flying by - probably because it is a month I really get to work in my sewing room!

I had some extra Valentines day blocks from a swap I did a year or so ago - so I thought why not make them into just table squares so I have 2 all sandwiched together just waiting to be quilted and one scrappy string table topper -- I just used my valentine scraps and pieced them on to a foundation and put 4 blocks together and I am going to use it as a table topper- These will get quilted up today.




I am currently quilting this UFO - Uncle Sam a great wallhanging for 4th of July -- I started this at Craft Camp probably 8 - 10 years ago - it is a Country Threads pattern -- and I think by the end of the day it will be done and ready to hang this summer!



This UFO is done :) It was a pile of bow tie blocks that I thought might make a cute table runner - great for spring or summer - I used a quilting stencil for the center it is 4 entwined hearts, very simple to quilt and then in the border I did free hand hearts - turned out cute I think - not sure if I will keep it or put it in the craft show crate -- I have so many table runners but it might work in the guest room it is a 30's type theme and it would be nice on the dresser in there.


How are your UFO's coming along?

I am off to the sewing room!
Have a great day!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

2 comments:

Sharon Pernes said...

I've been working on a quilt for my son and a bunch of Valentines projects for the V-Week series going on my blog this week and 3 blog hops.
http://craizeecorner.blogspot.com/

I love your heart blocks!

Kelly said...

Thhanks for this blog post